Find your favorite piece
For their sporting endeavor or trekking in the outdoors, the right clothing is the be-all and end-all. Here there is a huge selection of different pants, tops such as T-shirts and other clothing. The outdoor clothes differ in their materials, cuts and designs as well as in functions and wearing comfort. For each sport or outdoor activity, there are different optimal outdoor clothing for men and women in all colors and shapes.
Before buying such clothing, you should inform yourself as best as possible, so that you finally find the right clothing for the desired outdoor activity. The functionality of outdoor clothing unfolds fully when you use it according to the layering principle. The first layer is functional underwear or, depending on the season, directly the functional shirt or fleece shirt, which forms the second layer at lower temperatures. With us you will find clothing from top brands such as Mammut, The North Face, Fjällräven, Salomon, Schöffel and many more.
In our doorout store or online store you will find the matching women's clothing and men's clothing to the various categories.
Here is a listing of outdoor clothing, which Doorout has in its range:
- Jackets: The perfect jacket should primarily keep you warm. But also the material and the cut of the jacket can be decisive in the points of safety, wearing comfort and appearance . In our range you will find breathable softshell jackets, waterproof hardshell jackets and other outdoor jackets.
- Pants: The material and shape of outdoor pants are particularly important. The perfect pants fit comfortably and fulfill their purpose.
- Shirts: For events where a chic outfit is required, in leisure time or for work. Shirts are optimal tops for many different activities and can be worn not only by men but also by women.
- T-shirts: T-shirts are ideal for summer or for sweaty, outdoor sports activities.
- Sweaters: Sweaters are good for winter and fall. They keep the entire upper body warm and provide a cozy feel.
- Hoodie: The hoodie belongs to the tops in clothing and you can find this mostly online as a sweatshirt, which is provided with a hood.
- Hooded jackets: Hooded jackets are particularly well suited for outdoor sports. On the one hand, they keep you warm and their integrated hood also provides a quick pull-on head covering.
- Vests: Vests are sleeveless jackets, which are ideal for the transitional seasons. Their construction keeps the body warm on the one hand, while the short sleeves offer a refreshing and airy feeling.
- Underwear: it lies under the clothes, close to the body and thus keeps it warm. In our wide range you will find underwear for men and women.
- Skirts and dresses: Both for leisure and for sports skirts and dresses are well suited. They offer an airy wearing comfort.
- Accessories: To a complete outdoor fashion, of course, no accessories can be missing. Belts, gloves, hats and scarves are the perfect addition to any outfit.
- Textile care: To keep your clothes in shape, you should care for them regularly. To do that you need some special care products.
The perfect outdoor clothing should not only look good, but also fulfill some important functionalities. For example, sportswear should be breathable to avoid heavy sweating. Winter clothing, on the other hand, should keep you warm and be ready for cold days.
Outdoor clothing & functional clothing
You like to be out in nature? For outdoor sports, hiking, camping or trekking the right clothing is essential. With us you will find everything you need for your outdoor tours! There is a huge selection of different pants, tops such as T-shirts and other clothing.
The outdoor clothes differ in their materials, cuts and designs as well as in functions and wearing comfort. For each sport or outdoor activity, there are different optimal outdoor clothing for men and women in all colors and shapes.
The layer principle or onion principle in outdoor clothing
The functionality of outdoor clothing unfolds fully when used according to the layer principle :
1. Layer: outdoor underwear
The first layer in the onion principle is the underwear. The main task of this layer is to keep you dry & wick away sweat and moisture . For example, underwear made of synthetic fibers or merino wool is very suitable here. It is also important that you can move well in the clothing.
2. Layer: Keep warm
The task of the second layer is to keep you warm. The body should be protected from heat loss. Fleece shirts, functional shirts, fleece jackets, padded jackets and thin down jackets are particularly suitable here.
3. Layer: weather protection
The third and final layer has the task of protecting you from the weather. That is, it should protect your body from rain, wind, snow & storm. The third layer should basically fulfill two points: It should be waterproof , but also breathable to let moisture out from the inside.
Outdoor clothing for every application
Whether trekking, hiking, cycling, skiing or climbing - each outdoor sport has different requirements for clothing.
Outdoor clothing for hiking
When it comes to hiking clothing, comfortable hiking boots and hiking socks are especially important. The choice of clothing should then be adapted to the type and length of your hike. Dress according to the weather situation and plan for possible weather changes. The basic equipment of hiking enthusiasts should include functional underwear, functional shirts, hiking pants and a hiking jacket. Also important are a rain jacket, possibly a hat or headband, a multifunctional scarf and gloves. For sun protection, you should think about sunglasses and headgear.
Trekking outdoor clothing
If you are trekking for several days, then you have to expect different weather situations. Accordingly, your clothing must be suitable for different weather conditions and be particularly robust. In order to keep the luggage as small as possible, multifunctional garments are particularly practical here.
Climbing clothing differs depending on where and how you climb. For bouldering and climbing in the climbing hall, mobility and comfort are more important. For alpine, via ferrata or ice climbing, weather protection also plays a major role. In addition, the clothing should be much more robust here.
Outdoor clothing for cycling
You are looking for clothing for cycling? Then think of cycling underwear (pants with integrated seat pad) and cycling gloves. Again, it depends a lot on where and how you ride your bike. With road cycling clothing, aerodynamics, breathability and wind protection are particularly important, while with MTB clothing you should make sure that you can also wear knee pads and other protectors without any problems.
Outdoor clothing for the winter: Ski or snowboard clothing
Skiing or snowboarding in winter? In winter, of course, it is important to stay warm and protected from moisture. With warm functional underwear, for example, made of merino wool, you are well protected. On top of that, ski pants and ski jacket. Ski socks, gloves and multifunctional scarf not forgotten!
Outdoor clothing for buy at Doorout
Here you will find everything you need for your outdoor trip. From the right underwear, outdoor sweaters, vests, pants and outdoor jackets to the right outdoor accessories, we equip women, men and children completely.
In addition to jackets and pants, you should also think about important and useful accessories when you dress for your outdoor tour. Think - especially in winter - of hat, headband and gloves. And also in summer you should think about headgear. On the one hand for sun protection, but also remember that it can be quite cold at the top, even if it is still nice and warm down in the valley.
You want to get professional advice? No problem - call our service number +49 661 / 480 199 0 and our outdoor experts will help you with words and deeds. And if you are not satisfied, you can return ordered items free of charge within 30 days.
Washing outdoor & functional clothing
Can functional clothing be washed at all? And what should I pay attention to? How often can you wash functional clothing?
Basically, the clothing of the first layer - the functional underwear - should of course be washed much more often than the clothing of the second or third layer, because it lies directly on the skin and absorbs sweat.
If you also want to wash your outdoor jacket or other functional clothing, you should keep the following in mind:
- Use a special detergent for functional clothing. In our textile care section you will find special detergents with which you can wash your outdoor clothing gently.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Wash your functional clothing at 30 or maximum 40°C and spin at maximum 600 revolutions.
- The washing machine should not be too full. It is best to wash each piece of outdoor clothingseparately.
- To protect the impregnation, it can be useful to put the functional clothing briefly in the dryer. However, only in the gentle cycle for about 20 minutes.
- Afterwards you can care for your functional clothing with impregnation wax or impregnation spray.