Carefree shopping at doorout.com
with 20 years of experience
- Expert advice - even after the purchase
- 99.82% customer satisfaction with over 21,000 reviews
- Free postage (from 50 EUR) & 30 days free return
- secure purchase on account
Osprey Manufacturer information
In 1974 in Santa Cruz, California Mike Pfotenhauer founded Osprey. Osprey produces backpacks, hiking backpacks and daypacks for trekkers and hikers all over the world. They are constantly striving to come up with new ideas and features for their products.
Osprey production in Vietnam
In 2002, Osprey begins to move production out of the USA and eventually chooses Vietnam. One year later, Mike Pfotenhauer, the founder of Osprey, moves to Vietnam with his family to oversee operations for four years for four years. He established a quality control and design center there, which was staffed by local employees. There, to this day, the Osprey backpacks are manufactured.
Osprey & Sustainability
- Osprey designs only durable and high quality products
- Osprey uses very expensive materials and fabrics, therefore there is very little surplus
- Osprey products are independent of fashion trends. Osprey encourages its customers to only replace products when absolutely necessary
- Instead of replacing products under warranty, Osprey repairs them when possible
- Wherever possible, Osprey uses reusable and recycled packaging materials